Statement of Faith
We believe in...
- The one true God who lives eternally in three persons - Father, Son and Holy Spirit
- The power, love, grace and sovereignty of God in creating, sustaining, redeeming and judging the world
- The divine inspiration and supreme authority of the Bible, which is the written Word of God - fully trustworthy for faith and conduct
- The equality of all people, made in God's image to love Him with heart, soul and mind, and to love each other as each loves himself
- The corruption of all people by sin, which incurs divine wrath and judgement.
- The incarnation of Jesus Christ; fully divine and fully human, yet without sin
- The all-sufficient atoning sacrifice of Christ on the cross: dying in our place, paying the price for sin and defeating Satan, so reconciling us with God
- The bodily resurrection of Christ, His ascension to sit at the right hand of the Father, His victorious reign and mediation as the only Saviour of the world
- The justification of sinners by faith in Christ alone, which is the gift of God
- The indwelling of the Holy Spirit, who leads us to repentance, sanctifies us, unites us with Christ and anoints us to ministry and service
- The baptism in the Holy Spirit, releasing His gifts and producing His fruit in our lives
- The Church, the body of Christ local and universal and the priesthood of all believers, equal under the one great high priest, Jesus.
- The baptism of believers according to divine institution and in the breaking of bread and pouring of wine to remember the death of Jesus and the new covenant He established, until He returns
- The personal and visible return of Jesus Christ in power and glory, to fulfil the purposes of God, who will raise all people to judgement, bring eternal life to the redeemed and establish a new heaven and new earth